THE WASTEWATER SYSTEM
The Water & Wastewater Authority of Wilson County provides decentralized sewer service to residential and small business customers who are not served otherwise by the three cities in Wilson County, typically in small to mid-size developments in the county. Call our office to determine if your exact location is served by the Authority. The Authority operates air tight, odorless, low maintenance STEP (sewage treatment effluent pumps) systems to safely and efficiently decompose household waste. The treated effluent is returned harmlessly to the soil, thereby protecting public health and the environment by preventing discharges and spills into our rivers and streams. The Authority and it’s maintenance partner, Adenus Solutions, are generally responsible for the operation and maintenance of all system components of the wastewater system outside the outfall line from your home and the plumbing within. Feel free to contact us for more information.
SIGNING UP FOR WASTEWATER SERVICE
- Contact our office at 615.449.2951 option 3, or come by our office at 680 Maddox Simpson
- Submit the Wastewater Service Contract and other required forms as directed
- Make payment for initial fees (typically $100 deposit and $50 service fee)
MONTHLY BILLING PROCESS AND DUE DATES
- Wastewater accounts are billed at the end of each month, for the previous period’s use. Customers should receive their statement on or shortly after the 1st of the following month. Sewer services are billed a standard flat rate each month, regardless of the frequency of use. See rates and fees.
- All payments are due by the 15th of the month. Any payments received after the 15th will receive a 10% late penalty.
- Failure to receive a bill does not relieve customer of payment or penalty, as the Authority cannot be responsible for accurate and timely delivery of the mail (see Bill Payment Options for preferred payment methods).
- Accounts not paid in a timely manner will have their water disconnected (regardless of who supplies your water) and a $50 processing fee added to the balance due. Disconnections typically occur around the 25th of the month. There are no second notices or final warnings given prior to disconnection. All services turned off for non-payment will not be turned back on except during normal business hours after all past due balances and fees are paid.
- We strongly encourage you to utilize one of our automated payment processes listed under the Bill Payment Options of this site to avoid any unnecessary fees and disruptions to your service.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Authorized personnel have the right to safe and direct access to enter customer’s property at any time without advance notice for the purpose of inspecting, maintaining or repairing Authority property (including all lines and devices).
- Any assets of the Authority damaged by the consumer will be repaired or replaced at the consumer’s expense.
- The Authority has the right to disconnect service for any defaults in the contract, including the failure to pay any amounts due.